Montag, 15. Februar 2016

☆Insect Assignment part 1☆

For this 2 week Assignment we are focusing on the topic insects.
Our task is here to create a insect inspired character and to create a rough story line and universe the character is living in.

I started here with a simple insect Moodboard and looked into body shape and forms of common flying insects such as butterflys, moths, flys and dragonflys to gather inspiration and collect elements to use them in my design.


I really liked brown and red colors for my design and tried to have a humanoid insect.


Then I proceeded to sketch rough concepts and silhouettes.















































After finishing my sketches and roughs I decided to go for a Moth inspired design.

My character is suppost to be a sword fighter who takes the role of an assassin and will therefore get fitting weapons in the illustration later on. 

The characters Body is inspired by a mixture of the Poodle Moth Hoax  and the rosy maple moth and it's colours are based on the Death head hawk moth.
The most important part for me in this design is that the character gets a good balance of the fluffy heavy feeling fur of the Poodle Moth Hoax but still has a light and elegant feeling to it.

(Side, Front and Back view)
She does have another wing - its just not included to show the design more effectively. 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen